Stanton Car Parade
- Stanton Car Parade
- 5/29/2020, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Below is a schedule of when grade levels and families are invited to participate in the parade.
TK/Kindergarten families- 9:00 to 9:20am
1st grade and SDC K-2nd grade families- 9:20 to 9:40am
2nd grade families-9:40 to 10:00am
3rd grade families-10:00 to 10:20am
4th grade families-10:20 to 10:40am
5th grade families and SDC 3rd-5th grade families- 10:40 to 11:00am
For safety reasons,we are being asked to keep traffic and the amount of people in this event atone time as low as possible.
Safety is the priority for the Stanton staff. We want to make sure that we are not only following the current safety guidelines in place for social distancing but also all traffic laws. Please read through the items below. We appreciate your adherence to these expectations during the parade so that everyone remains safe and enjoys their experience.
1. Stanton Staff will be parked in their cars and will be lined up along the pick-up and drop off zone on Somerset Avenue and along Stanton Avenue.
2. Families will maintain a constant flow of traffic and follow the driving route provided with this letter (see attached map). Please do not stop or impede the flow of traffic. Do not stop in front of or block driveways or roadways. Be mindful of your surroundings, this includes pedestrians and other vehicles.
3. All participants will remain in their cars to maintain social distancing. At this time, masks are being recommended to wear when outdoors.
4. If families are on foot, they are welcome to walk on the sidewalk on the opposite side of Somerset and Stanton Avenue, while maintaining social distancing.
5. Everyone is encouraged to make a sign or poster to display as they are in their cars and during the parade. We would love to be able to hug and high five, but for now and instead, we can express our Stanton spirit and support for one another through these posters and signs.
This will be a wonderful opportunity for our students to bring a positive end to the school year. We look forward to seeing you on May 29th! Be sure to wear your Stanton swag and a smile!